- Speaker at United Nations University Conference (Helsinki): "The puzzle of peace – towards inclusive development in fragile contexts"
- Speaker at “Knowledge that matters” per la sicurezza e la legalità (Bocconi University)
- Speaker at Global organized crime index 2021 (University of Milan)
- Invited speaker at the one-day workshop "Mafia male Comune"
- Policy discussant at the webinar "Organized Crime and Economic Growth: Evidence from Mafia Infiltrated Municipalities in Italy", organized by Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA): video
- Master Class for Italian bureaucrats on anti-corruption policy (corso di perfezionamento "Anticorruzione e prevenzione dell'illegalità nella Pubblica Amministrazione e nell'impresa")
- The Conference Board - Economists and Strategy Council (CEO and CFO of European corporations)
- One-day seminar on data and Italian municipalities (“I comuni e l’analisi quantitativa”) by the National Italian Association of Municipalities (ANCI)
- JRC Ispra (European Comission) guest seminar “Fighting Corruption with Austerity”
- Italian School for the Judiciary (Scuola Superiore della Magistratura), invited speaker in the course "Il fenomeno della criminalità organizzata tra storia, economia e sociologia"
- Bank of Italy UIF – Bocconi Workshop “Quantitative methods and the fight against economic crime 2019” (Milan)
- 2019 ECFIN (European Comission) guest seminar “Fighting Corruption with Austerity”
- 1st Harvard workshop on Political Violence
- "Corruption, Tax Evasion and Institutions" (Riga, 2017): Video Coverage
- Bank of Italy UIF - Bocconi Workshop “Quantitative methods and the fight against economic crime 2017” (Rome)
- Presentation at the Italian Senate of the paper “Mafia, Elections and Political Violence”, related to the activities of the Parliamentary Commission, “Commissione sulle intimidazioni agli amministratori locali” (Rome, 2017)
- 2021: Economics of Crime (IT), Law Phd (University of Milan)
- 2020: Economics of Crime (IT), Undergraduate/Graduate (University of Milan)
- 2020: Mini course on Political Accountability (ENG), Graduate (University of Barcelona)
- 2018: Topics in Politics / Political Economics (ENG) Undergraduate (Bocconi University)
- 2017: Topics in Politics / Political Economics (ENG) Undergraduate (Bocconi University)
- 2016: Principles of Taxation (ENG) Undergraduate (University of Barcelona)
- 2016: Spanish Economy (ENG) Undergraduate (University of Barcelona)
- 2015: Principles of Taxation (ENG) Undergraduate (University of Barcelona)
- 2015: Spanish Economy (ENG) Undergraduate (University of Barcelona)
- Bocconi Knowledge: "Il lockdown? Non era nei piani"
- Faculti: podcast on "Corruption under Austerity"
- Political Violence at a Glance: "Fighting Organized Crime by Targeting Their Revenues"
- NIUS: "Menos dinero en efectivo: la estrategia de Draghi contra el fraude fiscal"
- "Fallimento Lockdown" Video Interview: Festival Diplomacy, Festival Medioera, Bookcity, Istituto Bruno Leoni, LiberiOltre
- Vox Dev: "Information provision and street food safety: A field study in urban India"
- The Telegraph "More active government means a greater risk of corruption"
- Vox EU "Corruption under Austerity"
- Vox EU "Covid-19 and socio-political attitudes in Europe: In competence we trust"
- The Conversation, Yahoo!News "How COVID-19 is shaping the way Europeans think about politicians"
- VoxEU "The rise of extreme politics in a federation"
- Bocconi Knowledge "Tagliando la spesa si riduce la corruzione, non i servizi"
- Bocconi Knowledge "Corruption, Not Services, Are Reduced by Cutting Spending"
- Corriere della Sera "La prima volta non si scorda mai: come Tangentopoli influenza ancora oggi i giovani di allora"
- The New York Magazine "America’s Most Socialist Generation Is Also Its Most Misanthropic"
- National Post "Mob muscle: 'Wiseguys use violence as a means to an end ... and that goal is always to make money'"
- EurekAlert, Phys.org "Political corruption scars young voters forever, new research finds"
- Forskning "Korrupsjonsskandale kan ha merket unge italienske velgere for livet"
- Bocconi Knowledge "Political Corruption Scars Young Voters Forever, New Research Finds"
- Lavoce.info "Sindaco figlio d’arte, ma la città non ci guadagna"
- The Conversation, Chicago Tribune "How the mafia uses violence to control politics"
- IlFattoQuotidiano.it, Lavoce.info "I comuni sciolti per mafia, ecco come cambiano"
- Lavoce.info "Vinca il politico migliore, ma come trovarlo?"
- The Guardian "Mafia neighbours are bad for business, new report finds"
- Kurier "Mafia macht die Wirtschaft tot"
- LaRepubblica "Ecco parentopoli dei prof le grandi dinastie degli atenei"
- Il Giornale "Assunzioni in famiglia A Bari un docente su 4 ha lo stesso cognome"
- 2021: PRIN - "The Dark Side of the Money: Causes and Consequences of Organized Crime and Corruption (DARKSIDE)"
- 2020: Modigliani Research Grant by Unicredit Foundation
- 2020: Harry Frank Guggenheim Foundation grant for research on violence
- 2016-2017: Juan de la Cierva-formación 2016 – first-ranked candidate in Economics
- 2021: The political economy of corruption: Causes, consequences, and solutions (University of Rotterdam); Elections, Institutional Reforms, and Public Policy (Bochum, DE); COMPIE European Commission: "Developments in the applications of counterfactual methods for policy impact evaluation"; Workshop “Has Covid-19 wounded interpersonal trust? Six papers in search of an answer” ( Collegio Carlo Alberto, Turin); Annual Departmental Conference, University of Milan (IT)
- 2020: 2020 Virtual Meeting Urban Economic Association; 2020 Workshop on Empirical and Political Economics in Leuven
- 2019: IEB Workshop on Political Economy (Barcelona, ES); 5th Workshop on the Economics of Organized Crime (Organizer, Milan IT); ZEW Public Finance Conference (Mannheim, DE); Royal Economy Society Annual Conference (Warwick, UK); The Causes and Consequences of Populim (Milan, IT)
- 2018: NBER Workshop Political Economy (Cambridge, US); Harvard workshop on Political Violence (Cambridge, US); 10th Transatlantic Workshop on the Economics of Crime (Paris, FR); European Association of Law and Economics (Milan, IT); European Political Science Association (Wien, AU)
- 2017: 16th “Brucchi Luchino” Labor Economics Workshop (Milan, IT); Petralia Workshop 2017 (Siracusa, IT); 2nd Workshop on Culture and Institutions (Galatina, IT); Workshop on Political Economy, IEB (Barcelona, ES / Organizer); Conference "Corruption, Tax Evasion and Institutions" (Riga, LV); American Economic Association annual meeting (Chicago, US); 1st Catalan Economic Society Conference (Barcelona, ES)
- 2016: 10th Workshop on Political Economy, CES-IFO (Dresden, DE); 2nd Workshop on the Economics of Organized Crime (Bergamo, IT); 1st Workshop on Culture and Institutions (Galatina, IT)
- 2015: Workshop on Political Economy, IEB (Barcelona, ES); Workshop on Political Economy and Local Public Finance (Lille, FR); SIRE Workshop on the Economics of Organized Crime (Glasgow, UK);
- 2013-2014: Royal Economic Society Conference (Manchester, UK); Conference Crisis, Institutions and Banking Union (Berlin, DE)
- Organizer of the CLEAN seminar series 2018-present
- 2021: RSAEM Université libre de Bruxelles (BE); London School of Economics (UK); University of Lyon (FR); CSEF - University of Naples Federico II (IT)
- 2020: Oz Virtual Econ Research Seminar
- 2019: Bocconi University (IT); Collegio Carlo Alberto (IT); Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona (ES); ETH Zurich (CH)
- 2018: University of Lausanne (CH); University of Mannheim (DE); Bocconi University (IT)
- 2017: European Commission's DG Joint Research Centre, Ispra (IT); University of Warwick (UK); London School of Economics (UK); Universitat Pompeu Fabra (ES); Institut d'Economia de Barcelona IEB (ES)
- 2016: BI Norwegian Business School (NO); University of Cagliari (IT); University of Ferrara (IT); Institut d'Economia Barcelona IEB (ES)
- 2015: Université libre de Bruxelles – ECARES (BE); University of Bari (IT); Vrije Universiteit Brussel (BE); Université Lille I (FR); Queen’s University Belfast (UK); Max Planck Institute for Tax Law and Public Finance (DE)
- 2013-2014: University of Namur (BE); Paris School of Economics (FR); Vrije Universiteit Brussel (BE); Université libre de Bruxelles – ECARES (BE); University of Bari (IT); Stanford University (US)